Getting a US Visa

US Visa Lawyers in Paducah, KY

You can immigrate to the U.S. through different types of visas. Our Paducah visa lawyers help individuals from around the world choose the visa that best fits their needs and accomplish the steps necessary to meet the requirements for a successful immigration application.

Our Paducah immigration attorneys are skilled, reliable, and reasonably priced, regardless of whether you are presently in the United States unlawfully, looking for a Green Card, or just want to visit. 

It’s not simple to resolve your immigration issues on your own. Allow our team of experienced Kentucky immigration attorneys to handle your immigration concerns. Having a US Visa lawyer in Paducah, KY by your side will save you time and money in the long run.

What Are the Different Visa Categories in the US?

In the United States, there are two visa categories: Nonimmigrant visa and immigrant visa.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas are provided by the United States Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) to those who want to live and work in the United States permanently. Most immigrants who are given an immigration visa eventually also get a Green Card.

US Visa attorney in Paducah, KY

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visas are granted to foreign individuals who want to visit the United States for a number of reasons. Non-immigrant visas include student visas, tourist visas, and employment-based visas.

Visitor Visas

A popular type of non-immigrant visa is the visitor visa. There are two types of visitor visas: a B-1 visa and a B-2 Visa.

  • B1 visa allows you to enter the US for business purposes with a company that is in the US.
  • B2 visa, on the other hand, is for leisure. With a B2 Visa, you can tour around the US or visit relatives and friends.

B1 and B2 Visa holders can stay in the US for a maximum of 180 days each visit. If you’re interested in getting a visitor visa, you may schedule a free case evaluation with one of our Paducah immigration lawyers. 

Can I Renew or Extend My U.S. Visa?

Since many visas are only valid for a limited time, our Paducah immigration lawyers often get asked: “Can I extend or renew my visa?”

Depending on the kind of visa, there are several requirements for renewing a visa. In certain cases, visas may be extended for up to 2-3 years, while other visas require you to leave the country first before reapplying.

Violating the Terms of Your Visa

Overstaying your visa is the most common way to get illegal status in the United States. You risk deportation, or you may be denied re-entry into the United States. If you want to retain your legal status and be eligible for a visa renewal, you must know when your current visa expires. Ideally, you should start renewing your visa around six months before it expires. You should be proactive and begin the process of renewing your visa sooner rather than later.

What's the difference between a green card and a U.S. visa?

A green card is a type of visa that gives foreign individuals lawful permanent resident status. Through a green card, a non-citizen may live and work in the United States permanently. A green card holder may also get a driver’s license, apply for a social security number, go to public schools and colleges, and join the military.

However, they are not eligible to vote in any US election, nor run for public office. Only U.S. Citizens have the right to vote. Green card holders of at least five years may also apply for U.S. Citizenship, unless they’re married to a U.S. citizen.

How Can a Paducah Visa Lawyer Help?

Citizenship & Immigration Law Firm assists clients in getting a green card. Sponsorship is available to US citizens’ minor children, adult children, parents, and siblings. LPRs may also sponsor their spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters over 21. 

There are different employment-based green cards including multinational executives, skilled workers, scholars, investors, and entrepreneurs.

Certain categories only award a limited number of green cards every year. That is why completing your application properly crucial to your success in receiving a green card. Our Paducah US Visa lawyers can help you successfully reach your immigration goals. 

Illegal Status & Bar to Re-entry

Once you enter the US illegally, you already have illegal status. As a result, if you’ve overstayed your visa, seek the help of an experienced immigration lawyer in Paducah, Kentucky, immediately. 

If you’ve been in the country with illegal status for less than six months, you may face a three-year ban from re-entering the US. Those who have been in the country illegally for more than six months may face a 10-year ban. 

Provisional waivers of illegal status may be available in certain situations. Consult our Paducah immigration attorney to know how you can get an immigration waiver.

Adjustment of Status in Kentucky

Changing the status from nonimmigrant to immigrant is a common procedure for those in the United States. If the necessary conditions are met, a nonimmigrant visa may be changed to an immigrant visa. However, for certain visas, you must return to your home country if you want to change your status in the United States. Before changing your immigration status, you should consult an experienced immigration attorney from our law firm.

Citizenship and Naturalization

Obtaining citizenship in the US isn’t impossible. However, Illegal immigrants may run into difficulties. At Citizenship & Immigration Law Firm, our naturalization lawyers will assess if you’re eligible for citizenship and help you in completing your application for citizenship, if you do qualify.

Get in Touch with a Kentucky Visa Lawyer!

Providing complete immigration services to those who dream of starting a life in the US is our business at Citizenship & Immigration Law Firm. Our Kentucky immigration lawyers can help you in your quest to live in the US. Talk to an immigration attorney in Kentucky about your immigration concerns.

Let our immigration attorneys help you!

Get Your Free Copy

[gravityform id="7" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]