How Kentucky Immigration Lawyers Can Assist You with Immigration Procedures
U.S. immigration processes can be complex, and hiring an immigration attorney can help you deal with immigration issues and save you time and money.
U.S. immigration laws are established by the federal government. Seeking legal advice from immigration attorneys who are familiar with immigration news and laws is your best bet when facing immigration issues. A Kentucky immigration lawyer can help you understand different immigration processes and make sure that your application goes smoothly.
There are different ways an immigrant attorney can help immigrant families. In this article, we have provided you with three ways that a Paducah immigration attorney can provide assistance.
1. Explain the Immigration Process
Many immigrants encounter immigration problems such as the risk of deportation, illegal entry, overstaying, or even losing their legal status. If you have an experienced attorney by your side, you can avoid these problems and continue living your dream life in the United States.
The Department of Homeland Security have different federal agencies that are in charge of administrating different immigration laws and immigration policy:
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) – the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) – monitors cross-border crimes and illegal immigration that threaten national security and public safety
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) – the largest federal law enforcement agency that is focused on border control and security
2. Assess the Right Type of Visa for You
There are different types of visas available to immigrants. An immigration lawyer can help you assess which type of visa is right for you and your situation.
The different types of visas are:
- Non-immigrant visa – issued to foreign nationals who wish to enter the US temporarily; for tourism, medical treatment, business, work, study, or other reasons.
- Immigrant Visa – issued to foreign nationals who wish to live and work permanently in the United States
- Visa Waiver Program – enables foreign nationals from 38 participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for 90 days or less without getting a visa.
A VWP can’t be used to apply for a student or work visa or to apply for a green card.
3. Help You in Your Green Card Application
Getting a green card is your stepping stone to obtaining U.S. Citizenship. The process of getting a green card can take years, so you don’t want to make any mistakes while applying for it to avoid any delays. A trusted immigration lawyer can help you get familiar with this process, give immigration advice, and provide legal representation in an immigration court.
If you have plans to apply for family-based immigration, you have to submit your application and other supporting documents to USCIS. Immigration law can be complicated and seeking the help of an immigration attorney that specializes in immigration law, can help you in your application.
How a Paducah Immigration Attorney Can Help
The immigration process can be time-consuming. Contact a highly-skilled immigration attorney if you need legal assistance for yourself and your family. Citizenship and Immigration Law Firm can help you reach your dreams of starting a new life in the U.S.